Scholarship applications CLOSED
New Zealand Association for Science Educators will offer 10 scholarships of $250 in order to support 5 chemistry & 5 biology educators with attending the Biolive-ChemEd 2017 Conference.
- Your school must be an NZASE member - please check with your school/HoD if the subs for 2016/2017 have been paid.
- Must be attending the entire conference (full registration).
- Scholarship can be credited to your registration or used by the applicant to offset expenses.
- There are a maximum of 10x $250 scholarships on offer - not all may be allocated.
- The committee's decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Applicants need to provide the conference organisers the following information:
- Name and school
- Reasons why they or their school would benefit from you gaining this scholarship. For example (not limited to):
- Wanting to send multiple teachers from a school which only funds half of the conference costs.
- A new-to-NZ teacher.
- An early career teacher.
- Remote schools (transport is pricey).
- Any involvement in local subject associations or other initiatives.
- Low decile communities where registration costs, transport to the conference, or accommodation costs in Lower Hutt could prohibit some teachers attending.
- Benefit to your school/local community of you attending.
All successful applicants may be asked to write something for regional association newsletters, about their experiences at the conference and how their winning the scholarship helped them attend the conference.
All successful applicants will be notified by email and arrangements to credit a registration account or pay out the scholarship will be made before the conference.
The use of the $250 sponsorship is at the discretion of the recipient; this may be used for travel, accommodation, meals, or conference fee reimbursement.
Questions? Email email@example.com